Welcome to the website (the “Site”) of Co-Created (“Co-Created,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). We are a venture studio, and the website describes some of the services we offer (the “Service”).
- Personal Data we collect
- How we use personal data
- Sharing and disclosure of personal data
- Data retention
- Update your information
- Privacy rights disclosures
- Links to other websites
- International Users
- Your Choices
- Contact Us
Personal Data We Collect
We collect information that alone or in combination with other information in our possession could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”) as follows:
Personal Data You Provide: We collect Personal Data when you submit a contact form, whether as a prospective corporate partner, Entrepreneur in Residence, or interested party. The Personal Data collected during these interactions may vary based on what you choose to share with us, but it will generally include first and last name, email address, professional or employment affiliations, and other information entered during use of the Service.
Personal Data We Collect Through Our Social Media Pages: We have pages on social media sites like LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Data that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Personal Data We Receive Automatically From Your Use of the Site: When you visit, use and interact with the Site, we may receive certain information about your visit, use or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Service, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), company affiliations our visitors have, which browsers people use to access the Service (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Service (“log data”). Log data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Service.
- Device information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Service, such as the sections and buttons you view or engage with.
Your Choices. On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and Service and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site and Service.
- How We Use Personal Data
We may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To follow up with your request per the contact submission form you completed, including conducting research on your request, your background, and your affiliations;
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Service, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To send you information and marketing materials about services and products available on our Service, as discussed further below;
- To analyze how you interact with our Service;
- To maintain and improve the content and functionality of the Service;
- To develop new products and services;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Service, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks;
- To train our team members; and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or other third parties.
Marketing. We will not use your Personal Data for any general solicitations or advertising purposes; however, we may use your Personal Data to contact you for specific opportunities that you have indicated interest in. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each email or message we send you. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications, but we will continue to contact you regarding administrative matters and to respond to your requests.
- Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Data
In certain circumstances we may share your Personal Data with third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Data with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services and other information technology services providers, event management services, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, order fulfillment services, customer relationship management and customer support services, and web analytics services (for more details on the third parties that place cookies through the Site, please see the “Cookies” section above). Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us. We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure our service providers adhere to the security standards we apply to your Personal Data.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
- Data Retention
- Privacy Rights Disclosures
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 13. Co-Created does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to Co-Created through the Service please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
- Links to Other Websites
You use the Service at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Data both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Co-Created via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
- International Users
The Service is intended and marketed to users in the United States. By using our Service, you understand and acknowledge that your Personal Data will be transferred from your location to our facilities and servers in the United States.
- Your Choices
In certain circumstances providing Personal Data is optional. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Data that is needed to use some features of our Service or for us to sufficiently address your request or question, you may be unable to use those features or we may be unable to respond. You can also contact us to ask us to update or correct your Personal Data.